1. When measuring liquids, the vortex flowmeter should be installed on a pipeline that is completely filled with the measured medium.
2. When the vortex flowmeter is installed on a horizontally laid pipeline, the influence of the temperature of the medium on the transmitter should be fully considered.
3. When the vortex flowmeter is installed on a vertical pipeline, the following requirements should be met:
a) When measuring gas. The fluid can flow in any direction;
b) When measuring liquid, the liquid should flow from bottom to top.
4. The downstream of the vortex flowmeter should have a straight pipe length of not less than 5D (meter diameter), and the length of the upstream straight pipe of the vortex flowmeter should meet the following requirements:
a) When the diameter of the process pipe is larger than the diameter of the instrument (D) and the diameter needs to be reduced, it shall not be less than 15D;
b) When the diameter of the process pipe is smaller than the diameter of the instrument (D) and the diameter needs to be expanded, it shall not be less than 18D;
c) When there is a 900 elbow or tee in front of the flowmeter, not less than 20D;
d) When there are two consecutive 900 elbows in the same plane in front of the flowmeter, not less than 40D;
e) When connecting two 900 elbows in different planes in front of the flowmeter, not less than 40D;
f) When the flow meter is installed downstream of the regulating valve, not less than 50D;
g) A rectifier with a length of not less than 2D is installed in front of the flowmeter, 2D in front of the rectifier, and a straight pipe length of not less than 8D after the rectifier.
5. When gas may appear in the tested liquid, a degasser should be installed.
6. The vortex flowmeter should be installed in a location where it will not cause liquid to vaporize.
7. The deviation between the inner diameter of the front and rear straight pipe sections of the vortex flowmeter and the inner diameter of the flowmeter should not be more than 3%.
8. For places where the detection element (vortex generator) may be damaged, front and rear stop valves and bypass valves should be added to the pipeline installation of the vortex flowmeter, and the plug-in vortex flowmeter should be equipped with a shut-off ball valve.
9. Vortex flowmeters should not be installed in places subject to vibration.
Post time: Apr-26-2021